Check out Parks & Rec Connect for upcoming swim lessons and aquatics programs:
Can't find what you're looking for? Let us help.
Make a Splash
Water provides plenty of activities for all ages, but it's important to practice water safety, especially when living in a coastal community, such as St. Petersburg.
According to the Florida Department of Health, "Florida leads the country in drowning deaths of children ages 1-4 years."
Learning to swim is an important factor in practicing water safety. We offer several swim lessons for all ages and skill levels throughout the year.
Registration for select swim lessons begin August 31 at Walter Fuller Pool. See details below for class types and times.
- FREE SWIM LESSONS
- Instructors: Lessons are taught by Water Safety Instructors certified by the American Red Cross.
Available to all levels and ages 6 months and older. Lessons are offered Monday - Thursday in the morning and evenings at neighborhood pools and North Shore Aquatic Complex.
Only $39 full price per session.
Scholarships and fee assistance are available for qualifying families.
- Session Dates:
- Session 1: June 14-24
- IN-PERSON REGISTRATION ONLY begins May 29 at 10 a.m.
- Session 2: June 28-July 8
- Registration begins June 24 at 8 a.m.
- Session 3: July 12-22
- Registration begins July 8 at 8 a.m.
- Session 4: July 26-August 5
- Registration begins July 22 at 8 a.m.
- (Session 4 is only available at neighborhood pools and is not offered at North Shore Aquatic Complex.)